Lunchtime and Playground Buddies
Playground buddies are children who are specially selected to go on duty at playtimes and lunchtimes to help with the following.
• organise games,
• get out and put away games equipment,
• play with children who are lonely,
• help to keep an eye on younger children,
• support children who have fallen out with their friends or are simply feeling sad,
• look out for bullying behaviour and alert adults,
• help children who have low-level conflicts to sort them out,
• prevent fights from happening by creating a peaceful atmosphere,
• be a friendly person that other child and can help get an adult if the child needs it.
The Buddies have carried out a 12 week training course which qualifies them to be a school buddy.